Information, Inspiration, and Ideas for People in Open Spaces
Promoting the Entrepreneurial Community Spirit
NARFI Rural Resource Directory
Rural Life : Small Town Life Links
- Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement
- Iowa Citizens for Community Improvement (CCI) is a 27-year old membership-based organization whose mission is to empower and unite grassroots people of all ethnic backgrounds to take control of their communities; involve them in identifying problems and needs and in taking action to address them; and be a vehicle for social, economic, and environmental justice.
(Added: 11-Feb-2002 Hits: 100 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- National Center for Small Communities
- The National Center for Small Communities (NCSC) is dedicated to envisioning a future where elected leaders of small communities have the skills and resources to: * draw upon strengths and talents of the diverse members of their communities to solve local problems; * expand local economies while preserving community character; * protect local natural resources for future generations; and
* protect the health and welfare of their citizens.
(Added: 4-Mar-2002 Hits: 112 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Smart Communities
- The World Foundation for Smart Communities is a nonprofit educational organization founded to promote the concept and facilitate the implementation of "smart communities" -- communities using information technology as a catalyst for transforming life and work to meet the challenge of the new millennium.
(Added: 11-Mar-2001 Hits: 111 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The best path for nonprofit neighborhood development.
- Everything in life follows the same developmental path. Simpler steps are taken before more complicated ones. It is the old crawl before you walk idea. In neighborhood work it means that your plan follows a logical developmental path -- certain types of strategies fall early in your plan and others come later. This is true of all neighborhoods and in all community development. Here are some of the developmental flows:
(Added: 11-Feb-2002 Hits: 109 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- The Rural and Small Town Programme
- Based at Mount Allison University, the Rural and Small Town Programme (RSTP) was established in 1984 as an independent research centre dedicated to exploring and resolving social, environmental, and economic issues facing small communities in Canada.
(Added: 10-Sep-2002 Hits: 77 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Village Earth / Consortium for Sustainable Village-Based Development
- Village Earth joins the forces of individuals and organizations, using the unique gifts of each to provide access to essential resources and to provide training to villages across the globe. Village Earth is a program of The Consortium for Sustainable Village Based Development (CSVBD)
(Added: 31-Jul-2002 Hits: 99 Rating: 8 Votes: 1) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 12-Feb-2008 - 17:17:35
Links Engine 2.0 By: Gossamer Threads Inc.
© 2001-2008 North American Rural Futures Institute | Our Privacy Statement
Website design and hosting by Sohodojo, home of the nanocorp
[ Translate page ]
[ Search site ]