Information, Inspiration, and Ideas for People in Open Spaces
Promoting the Entrepreneurial Community Spirit
NARFI Rural Resource Directory
Rural Life : Real Stories Images Links
- Originals by Ella Gardner - Farm Woman's Life, an Artist's Eye
- Her eyes have squinted into the setting sun to stay on a row of hay and they've seen more calves born than she cares to count.
Her hands have canned pickles, carried feed pails and piled wood.
But Ella Gardner also has an artist's eye and a painter's hands--and a deep need to capture on canvas what she sees.
(Added: 3-Sep-2003 Hits: 337 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Big Country of South Eastern Oregon - photo essay
- The Big Country Panorama of Southeastern Oregon by Herman Krieger. Krieger of Eugene, Oregon (USA) is a photographer with a great sense of humor, and an eye for the unexpected. Herman has a talent for finding interesting juxtapositions of subjects.
(Added: 31-Aug-2003 Hits: 220 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- Canada Photo Gallery: Rural Life
- These spectacular professional photos highlight the beauty of this region. To start your photo tour, click on the title of any image - you can then step between all of the images in the photo gallery.
(Added: 10-Nov-2003 Hits: 222 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Country Life
- Hi, Come on in. I just finished baking & have a fresh pot of coffee. We can relax awhile & just let the world go by...
This story is light-hearted; but has things I learned living a "Simple Lifestyle" that later on saved my life. Without finding out what was really important to me in life, and how to enjoy the simple things in life, I would not have survived!
(Added: 3-Sep-2003 Hits: 254 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Covered Bridges in Ohio photos
- Covered Bridges, by Ludo Wuytack. Along the scenic state route 26 from Marietta to Woodsfield, which parallels the Little Muskingum River, there are a few historic covered bridges to be found. The bridges were covered to help preserve the large flooring timbers. To replace those floorings would be more expensive than the lumber they used to cover the bridge side and roof. They were usually named for the resident who lived closest to the bridge.
(Added: 31-Aug-2003 Hits: 248 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Greenland 12-year-old knows her hay
- GREENLAND - Twelve-year-old Heather Weeks explains the hay-making process so well that she received the only exhibit award given at the Stratham Fair by the state commissioner of agriculture.
From the time she was 3 weeks old and rode on her family's tractor to this spring when she drove their tedder herself, Heather has participated in one part of the process or another and has decided more people should know how it works.
(Added: 10-Nov-2003 Hits: 196 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Hamlets of Lane County, Oregon
- Photo Essays by Herman Krieger celebrate rural life in Lane County Oregon. At the center of Western Oregon, Lane County stretches from the Oregon Coast, through the Willamette Valley, to the McKenzie River and Cascade Mountain regions.
(Added: 31-Aug-2003 Hits: 221 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 2) Rate It
- Mobile Veterinarian
- Herman Krieger photo essay shows some interesting and humorous aspects of being a vet in small town and rural places.
(Added: 31-Aug-2003 Hits: 200 Rating: 10.00 Votes: 1) Rate It
- No Cows to Worry About Any More
- I am not fretting about cows in the maternity barn. I don't have to think about them night and day, whether there is a first calf heifer that is going to need assistance, whether the old cow will get milk fever and not be able to get up after calving and will need tending within a few minutes.
(Added: 3-Sep-2003 Hits: 227 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
- Old barns in Kansas - photos
- Old barns in Kansas - wonderful photos
by Jeff Gauthier on the World Is Round website. Includes personal comments by others in celebration of old barns.
(Added: 31-Aug-2003 Hits: 228 Rating: 0 Votes: 0) Rate It
Pages Updated On: 12-Feb-2008 - 17:17:35
© 2001-2009 North American Rural Futures Institute | Our Privacy Statement
Website design and hosting by Sohodojo, home of the nanocorp
[ Translate page ]
[ Search site ]
Rural Futures Directory
Communities of Practice